Monday 10 December 2012

Day 1 - My first day as a Blogger!

I thought I would start my blog off with a picture, taken from my office window on a beautiful sunny, December morning in Halifax. I've put the kettle on and I start the day going through my unread emails and checking my calendar for the week ahead. Next on the list is my weekly conference call with my other Citizens Online colleagues in which we share our highs and lows from the previous week and what we've got planned for the week ahead. It's a great opportunity to share information and ideas for our projects and a great platform for getting support when we need it.


I managed to download a mobile blogging app onto my Ipad, which has meant that I can blog on the go, without having to carry my laptop around! A tick for SMART working, lol.

This afternoon, I had a meeting with Helen O'Sullivan from Kirklees and Neighbourhood housing to discuss project support for the introduction of digital inclusion for their tenants at a sheltered housing complex in North Kirklees. It is hoped that the service will lead to self-support in accessing government sites, promote social inclusion via access to social media and generally improve life chances.  I am hopeful that we can work together in January 2013 so watch this space!! That's me done for today and I will be blogging again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment